The Mardi Gras Pizza Fondo has some great new features and enhancements that will make your ride-day experience even more memorable!
- Route Markings
- The Mardi Gras Pizza Fondo course will be marked with spray painted arrows
- The course is an out-and-back course.
- The 83-mile route (ORANGE) will turn-around at the Shell Station rest stop
- The 54-mile route (PINK) will turn-around at Vergie's Feed Station.
- The 27-mile route (GREEN) does not have a formal rest stop but there is a convenience store (El Cheapo) at mile 17 for any nutrition or hydration needs.
- We STRONGLY encourage you to download the route to your device (Garmin, Wahoo, Phone with RWGPS app, etc).
- Drop Ride
- This is NOT a no-drop ride.
- Download the route to your device
- On-course Mobile SAG Support
- Bike SAG and Velofix will be providing on-course mobile SAG support.
- Please carry at least two tubes and two CO2 canisters in case you have more than one flat.
- Rest Stop Open Times
- Please click here for the route stop locations and times.
- The rest stops will have specific open and close times based on what we anticipate to be the pace of the groups.
- For the faster or slower cyclists, there may be an outside chance that the cyclists may arrive before or after the rest stops posted times.
- We have designed the primary rest stop locations to be at convenience stores in order to provide an alternate source of nutrition or hydration products in the event that our volunteers are not at the rest stop.
- There is plenty of parking near the start venue at Sanford Pizza Company.
- Click here for Start Location and Parking info
- NO Earbuds
- Earbuds are NOT allowed in the peloton.
- NO riding on aerobars in the peloton
- Riding on aerobars is NOT allowed in the peloton.
Start / End Location
Our start and end location is Sanford Pizza Company in downtown Sanford.
This allows us to begin our day with the first 4 miles pedaling along Lake Monroe while catching an amazing sunrise over the water!
You'll end your ride with the final mile pedaling along Lake Monroe to cap an extraordinary day of cycling.
We will also have pizza from Sanford Pizza Company available for you to enjoy while replacing all those calories that you just burned!
Pizza is included with the registration fee!
Beer or other drinks are not included but will be available at a special price for our participants.